Monday, March 1, 2010

Titan TriggerFish (泰坦炮彈魚) Attack

I just got back from Dayang Island.... I had wonderful time, saw alot of fishes.. napoleon wrasse, big school of barracuda, and my dear turtle too.... but the most special experience still is the triggerfish attack....

This is not exactly the lay egg season for them yet, they shouldn't be that agreesive yet. but unfortunately, on a dive in Pulau Lang, and I'm about to surface, and doing my safety stop, I got 2 triggerfish attack me on the same time. I didnt got panic, but busy kicking them away... kicking kicking... and one time, i missed it, and the fish come over to my face... I had to use full force to punch it on the body. OMG! they are very hard... I always heard that their body and head is so strong, but this is the first time i got to feel it.....

Because I am busy kicking, and going upward which make the situation worst, cos their territory are in "V" Shape, going upward mean going more into their territory.... there goes, I missed my safety stop... bad bad......(I kena scold for this also... sob sob....)

For them, they just wanna to protect their egg, but for me? i dont even know where is their egg.. haiz.....but i think thats ok for me... I learned my lesson, and hopefully if it does happen again, I can handle it better.....

This is their pix for your reference.. just beware if u are not aware of this fish... They are ok from far, just keep a distant when u see it...(pix taken from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triggerfish)




No comments:

Post a Comment